Winter is here!
If you’re traveling, here’s a few things you may want to check before a long drive.
1. Vehicle servicing. Is you your vehicle serviced up to date? If it’s close or over due, book it in with your mechanic for a service and safety check over.
2. If it’s not due, make sure you check your oil and water levels. Top up if need be.
3. Tyre pressures. Always have your tyres at no less than 30psi. Check the inside of your tyres, check for any uneven wear.
4. Clean your windscreen. Shout your car some new wiper blades and fill your water tank with some clean water and windscreen cleaning additive.
5. Spare tyre inflated to the correct pressure? Jack and tool kit all there?
6. Wheel alignment and balance ok? If your car is constantly pulling or ‘fades’ to left and your steering wheel ‘shimmies’ whilst driving, have a wheel alignment and balance done.
7. Car dirty? Clean it, inside and out. Clean cars are 100% nicer to drive than dirty ones (Universal fact).
8. Charging cables? Got enough 12v charging ports and cables to keep everyone topped up?
9. Water bottles and munchies. Stay hydrated and have some healthy snacks or some homemade lunches onboard!
10. Air conditioning cold enough? Have your gas topped up if it’s not producing goose bumps.
11. Eleven, these tips go to eleven. Drive happy, drive alert and as my Dad always said, “watch out for other idiots out there!”
March 30, 2016
Winter is here! If you’re traveling, here’s a few things you may want to check before a long drive. 1. Vehicle servicing. Is you your vehicle serviced up to date? If it’s close or over due, book it in with … Continue reading